Tax Consultant/ Senior Tax Consultant
19 May 2021
Location: BDO Bucharest
Job title: Tax Consultant/ Senior Tax Consultant
Contact: Human Resources
We are interested in candidates with some experience in Payroll and/ or income tax/ social security contributions analysis that can take a role in ensuring tax compliance for some of our biggest clients.
• You will work with the client and the engagement team to understand the client's business, provide practical implementable solutions, support the implementation of these recommendations.
• You must be able to demonstrate functional expertise in the areas of personal taxation (Romanian and international), social security (Romanian and international) and domestic payroll
• You will utilize the firm wide methodologies and tools, including computer-based software solutions
• You will prepare working papers and other documents in conjunction with serving the client (e.g., proposals, engagement letters, presentations, final reports, personal tax computations)
• You will provide guidance to assist other team members in reaching their full potential (e.g., willingly address questions, contribute constructive on-the-job feedback and training, conduct meaningful and timely performance reviews) and assists them in designing and implementing individual development plans.
• You will also develop and coach other people
What are we looking for?
• Higher education in economy, law or HR
• 0-2 years of relevant experience (more is a plus)
• Hands on experience in the following areas is also a plus
a. Expatriate tax compliance: income tax and social security computation in respect of income derived by expatriates in Romania, related social security matters
b. Personal taxation and social security advisory: regarding the tax status and/or tax treatment of various types of income derived by Romanian tax residents and non-residents for tax purposes
c. Compensation: analysis of the tax treatment of compensation elements such as: salary, benefits, allowances, bonuses and long term incentives;
• Very good knowledge of computer systems (Microsoft Office)
• Fluent in English – experience with English as a work language
• Proactive, a team player, pragmatic, highly motivated who wants to make a career in a rapid changing work environment and with great ability to prioritize tasks
! If you are a junior professional don’t hesitate to apply! You will learn all the necessary skills and grow your professional expertise with us!
What do we offer:
• Personal & professional growth;
• Onboarding program;
• Career journey;
• Training programs;
• Extra-salary benefits such as meal tickets, private medical insurance, work from home & flexible program, gym membership and many more.
We provide you an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- Grow your expertise through professional development & ongoing learning experiences (including international certifications);
- Perform accounting for clients from various fields of activity;
- Be part of a growing team that help you to be the best professional you can be in our services;
- Be a key contributor to the success and growth of the firm.